Mark 1 Re-Issue Settings?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronl

Reaction score
Hey what are some settings you guys use on your mark 1s?

Santana stuff
SRV Stuff
More 70s Classic rock stuff

can it do all of these?

Just looking for some good general, good sounding settings!
I have an Agile (Les Paul) with Alnico II humbuckers and a 1972 MIJ strat with Custom Shop 69s.

THANKS!

The two preamp on "7", and if you can (if you could hack the SPLs), master on "7".

Now for the tone control, if the Mark I reissues are like the originals, then "7" Treble, "6" mids, "6" bass, [on back] "5" presence, something like that.

I forget but Carlos had his setting something like that (Europa Era).

For clean type playing with just a hair of texture I set Vol1 @ 7, Vol 2 @ 6 with the pull Bright, Master @ about 2-3, Treble @ 6, Bass @ 6, Middle @ 7 and Presence @ about 7 depending on the room, guitar, mood etc. These settings work great with pedals ( Tube Screamers, etc.) For loud Santana type tone I keep the EQ the same (not that it matters) but I use the Pull Boost pot on Vol 1 and set it to 9, Vol 2 @ 9 and Master @ about 2.. I don't know if the reissues have this Boost feature. A tech can probably do this mod easily. Also I have the EV12L speaker. That will have alot to do with the settings.

Hope this helps.

I like things simple and only change Vol1, Vol2 and Mid. I tend to leave Treble on 6-7, Bass on 4, Presence on 2, Rev on 4, Master on 2-3, 60w setting, tweed mode. Plenty loud enough!

With the strat, and using the gtr volume control to go from clean to crunch, Vol1 on 5, Vol2 on 2, Mid on 3.

For a ballsy all out lead sound on the edge of feedback using a PRS bridge humbucker then its Vol1 on 7, Vol2 on 5 and Mid on 7-8

Good luck

Dave

Latest posts

Back