TS808

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orion88

Reaction score
hey guys, I recently bought a ts808 for my mark 4 and notcied several things

1. the level knob didnt really seem to do anything, the volume before/after stomping no the pedal didnt change

2. tone/overdrive knobs also dont really seem to do anything to my tone, it just seems to add more fuzz and feedback

lol yea so the pedal doesnt seem to be any useful for my amp, do you guys think I should just sell it and use an eq pedal for mids boost?

also, I currently have guitar>wah>ts808> amp, should i stick the ts808 in the effects loop?

Don't stick the TS808 in the FX loop.

When you activate the pedal does the red light come on? You should hear a difference.

yea the red light comes on, for some reason the overall tone doesnt change.

im using it on the lead channel, for a smoother lead tone btw, but I just dont hear the difference

For what its worth, I thought the TS808 was designed to push power tubes into overdrive, not distort the signal... I used a friends before, and I only used it on Rhy 1, and to beef up Rhy 2 slightly.

Hi !
I use an MXR micro-amp (clean boost) for that. My brother however uses an old TS808. He uses no, or very little overdrive, but says the volume level adjust the amount of boost.

On original MKI boogies there is a pull boost that works in a similar way, only not adjustable. Still WAY better than the pull boost on MK2a/b/c models.

The MXR gives a very nice push on my boogie-amps clean channel, and other amps of course, often way better than the lead channel, as that one tends to be very loud before sounding really great. Just my opinion.

Regards from NORWAY.

when i worked for GC, i was the master builder of the FX displays (self crowned),
anyways, for the dunlop wah/mxr/ibanez/seymour duncan pedal display,
i had this really cool 5 watt gibson class A single ended. it was PERFECT
for a pedal display. all it had was a volume knob.
anyways, with the volume about 11 oclock, it would
just start to break up using a guitar with humbuckers, and when youd
click on one of the OD pedals like dist+, zw44, ts9/dx/808 there would
be a HUGE volume boost depending on the pedal.
i guess my point is, try the 808 on the clean channel to really gauge the
difference in volume and distortion. in front of an high gain channel it
really wont do much for you, except tighten it up a little. try the zw44,
thats probly more what youre lookin for.

heres a photo (cause i like to show off my work :) )
dunlopmxr2.jpg

dunlopmxr1.jpg

Back