• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mesa Maverick 2x12 for sale London

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgharding

Reaction score
For sale in North London, my Mesa Maverick 2x12. If you're looking you probably know they're rare, not because few were made, but because most sellers are either reluctant, or just aren't there. If you have it, you'll want to keep it! And I do, but I need the space, money and just don't use it enough.

Bought, completely re-valved, then only used for a couple of hours in the last year...

Two new matched pairs of Mesa power tubes (yellow tubes, about 3hrs use) and all kinds of 12AX7s (I researched for ages, I can't remember what they all are now). Two Vintage 30s in there.

It sounds amazing (naturally) but I just can't justify keeping it as I don't use it enough.

It's an INCREDIBLE recording amp (that's what the few hours use were) as it's versatile, tuneful, but not too complex. Unlike some Mesa it doesn't have to be "programmed"... It's naturally louder than a jumbo jet too, so no worries about stage.

I fired it up yesterday and of course I don't want to sell now, but this is head before heart... so buy it before I change my mind.

Previous owner fitted a fan at the back with its own power supply and a leather strip at the top ( :twisted: METAL! :twisted: )

Sound is amazing on clean channel, my favourite actually, and thick in the distortion. Like a Fender tweed/blackface crossover, with the Mesa Magic Midrange (TM).

Pick up only, naturally, I wont post it. I'd like to get 700 as it's what I paid, but feel free to contact me and discuss or come and play, I'd like it to get used and outta here rather than just sit there wanting to rock...

Back