• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Widebody closed back cab VS Thiele cab, HELP!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cree

Reaction score
Anyone got opinion/experience on the sound difference between widebody closed back and
Regular Thiele. I used to have a Evm Thiele and now regret selling it, looking for another one as per my other post.
Seen a widebody closed back for sale however im interested in the sound difference of the two cabs.
I have a hardwood MKIII, sounded amazing with the EVM Thiele, now they seem hard to come by as they dont make them like they used to , as they say, just c90's, any opinions?????
Cheers.

Cree old chap it's all about the speaker IMO. I have two vintage EVM 12L loaded Thieles and I will never part with them. So yes my Mark V won't sit perfectly atop them because the amp is wider than the Thiele - that is the only advantage of the widebody as far as I can tell, but that's surely purely cosmetic - it's the sound that counts, EV over Celestion for me every time.

Back