• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

MESA DC-10 dual caliber 100W head. HELP!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanDrysdale

Reaction score
Hi forum members, a friend of a friend has told me of a possible gem in hiding.

He knows of a DC-10 in mint condition having lived in a studio almost all it's life for sale.

Seller is asking for £1250.

Does anyone in their experience of amp prices for vintage & discontinued models believe that this is a reasonable price?

Personally, being over the 1k mark for this, I'm sceptical but hope that those with a bit more knowledge may say, that's a good price etc of even say how much they've seen them sell for.

ebay doesn't have any dc-10's sold in the recent past to gauge price.

Any help folks??

Cheers,

Dan.

I recently sold a DC-10 head in excellent condition with slip cover and footswitch for $800 but that was in the USA. I think around $800 give or take $50 is a good price if it's in good condition. If I did the currency conversion correctly thats $1793 US dollars. It's a great amp but I wouldn't pay that much. Do Mesa amps typically sell for around double what they do in the US where you are?

MJ Slaughter said:
I recently sold a DC-10 head in excellent condition with slip cover and footswitch for $800 but that was in the USA. I think around $800 give or take $50 is a good price if it's in good condition. If I did the currency conversion correctly thats $1793 US dollars. It's a great amp but I wouldn't pay that much. Do Mesa amps typically sell for around double what they do in the US where you are?

As a guide, mesa mk v head sells for £2400 on average approx $3900 using xe.com

What is retail set by mesa in US?

So 1250 is high then, that's good to know, I have a start point for a haggle at least :D

Cheers,

Dan.

I don't know what the amp sold for new since I bought it used. A new Mesa Mark V combo sellers for about $2250 here and you say you guys pay 2400 euro which equates to $3442 USD. Thats about 55% more than in the US. I am not qualified to determine fair values for Mesas in Europe. Good luck.

MJ Slaughter said:
I don't know what the amp sold for new since I bought it used. A new Mesa Mark V combo sellers for about $2250 here and you say you guys pay 2400 euro which equates to $3442 USD. Thats about 55% more than in the US. I am not qualified to determine fair values for Mesas in Europe. Good luck.

Bloody hell, I'm flying to the US for all my GAS needs from now on with prices like that. :evil: :lol:

Hey Dudes,

£1250 is way too much for a DC-10, currently a really good condition DC-5 is about £500 to £600 so I would guess that a minty DC-10 would be (at most) £750 - 850 - worth remembering that a good second hand Mark IV is only about the £1000 mark, unless it's got options such as hardwood or an EV if it's a combo.

Also might be worth looking for a nomad or F series to see what they cost, remembering that the DC is only two channel the F and nomad are three (I think).

Hope that helps :D

A perferct condition dc-5 goes for 700 euros more or less in Greece where boogies are rarer and more expensive.

I'd never give more than 600 pounds for a dc-10.

As already said, £1250 is way over any realistic value.

It's also so high that it's unlikely you'll be able to haggle him down to a reasonable price.

I would say a DC-10 head is worth £600 to £750 max. It's rare, but so what? The Dual Calibers are not all that popular now despite being good amps. I got only £600 for my near-mint DC-5 combo a couple of years ago. I don't actually think the 10s are worth any more than the 5s, most people just don't really need the extra power.

Thanks for all your advice for prices guys, I've decided for the cost he's asking, I'm going to look for a mark iv combo instead. I think I can get alot more out of it and with the 3 channels a bit more versatility.

I appreciate your warnings about the over priced cost.

Cheers,

Dan.

Back