• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS 50/50 power amp.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

relic245

Reaction score
I bought this just before christmas to use with my axe-fx. I have now sold the axe-fx so the power amp is surplus to requirements.

The courier managed to drop it and break a valve, i replaced 2 as a matched pair and they have been used for maybe 15 hours. I still have one valve that matched the smashed one that I will include as a spare.

When they dropped it they also managed to bend one of the rack ears, I thought at first that I would be able to straighten it with pliers, no chance its built like a brick outhouse. Only way to bend it back will be to unsolder all the pots, take off the front pannel and hit it with something very very heavy. It fits in the rack ok it just sticks out a little on one side, has never bothered me enough to do anything about it. It also has scratch pots on both the volume and presence, however with the axe-fx, i leave the volume on 10 and the presence on 0 and control everything from the pre-amp so again its never bothered me enough to do anything about it.

It is also quite scratched on the case but It works fine though and sounds great, very loud and quite heavy! weight about 13 kilos.

I paid £400 for it, but will sell for £350 plus shipping due to the bent rack ear. I can ship it through work for about a tenner or collection from Worksop is fine.

I also have a 4u StudioSpares rack case for sale. I'm looking for £40 delivered for the case but if bought with the amp would sell for £25 extra.

I have excellent feedback on ebay (user tonyleake) and also on musicradar.com. On MusicRadar I have a good trading history, in classifieds there is a good/bad traders list which started recently, I am listed there as having 4 positive sales, I have done many more than that but this a recent thing and I'm sure I could get people to vouch for me if needed.

Trying here to show the bent rack ear

And the rack case

Back