• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Boogie Mark iib for sale

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eventhelosers

Reaction score
For sale is my 1982 Mesa Boogie Mark iiB combo and extension cabinet.

This is a rare opportunity to buy one of these superb amplifiers in custom hardwood and wicker cane finish with a matching 1x12 extension cabinet. The hand written date on the underside of the chassis would indicate that this amp came off the production line on 1st March 1982.

This is the class A/B 100w/60w version powered by four 6L6’s at the power stage with 12AX7’s in the pre-amp section. It has two channels, Rhythm and Lead, which are foot-switchable.

The Rhythm channel is bold and punchy, yet warm and rich with harmonics, and breaks up very nicely when the pre-amp volume is driven hard. Put your favourite overdrive/boost pedal in front of the amp and it will produce classic rock tones that will have you grinning ear to ear!

The Lead channel on this amp can sustain for days and days and a few days beyond. Again, the lead sound is harmonically rich and creamy on the neck pick-up and pleasingly smooth with plenty of bite on the bridge pick-up. The lead channel also produces plenty of boost so that your solos don’t get lost in the mix.

The front panel reads: Volume 1, Treble, Bass, Middle, Master 1, Lead Drive and Lead Master. It has "Pull-Bright" on Volume 1, "Pull-Shift" on the Treble, "Pull-Gain Boost" on the Master 1 and "Pull-Bright" on the Lead Master. This particular amp also features a graphic EQ, which, according to official Boogie literature of the time, was a custom option and does not appear on all Mark iibs.

On the back panel are controls for Reverb and Presence along with speaker outputs (1x 8 ohm and 2x 4 ohm), slave out, effects send and return, ground switch and 100w/60w switch.

I’ve owned this amp for over ten years during which time its seen a fair bit of use and, apart from having to replace the power valves a couple of times, it has never let me down (it has been regularly serviced by an authorised Mesa/Boogie service provider, so it is in perfect working order).

As with any amp that’s almost 30 years old, it does have a few marks here and there but in the main this is a very clean amp. The middle slider on the graphic EQ has been replaced. The replacement was sent from Boogie minus the slider button, hence it being missing on the photos. This can be replaced with official Boogie parts through their UK distributor if required.

While owning this amp I have played in a number of bands playing a variety of different musical styles (disco, pop, country, jazz, blues and rock) and, for a two channel amp, I have found the Boogie Mark iib to be an extremely versatile amp.

The asking price is reflected in the relative rarity, clean condition and excellent working order of this classic amplifier. It is also based on independent valuations from two well known and reputable guitar shops. However, I am happy to haggle so if you’re genuinely interested (or have any questions) please send me a PM and make me a reasonable offer (please note that I will not enter into negotiations on the forum).

NOW £1250 o.n.o.

The amp and cab come as a pair, will not be sold separately and are sold as seen. Amp comes with flight case and cab comes with leather cover. Payment by cleared cheque or cash on collection only. Sorry, no Paypal or bank transfers. Buyer collects if not in or near Yorkshire region.

Please click the link below for photos. Thanks for looking!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48521997@N03/4479399072/in/set-72157623617236557/

Are you interested in trades ?I have a nice Gibson Les Paul Classic to trade.I dont need the spare cab.Which part of Yorkshire are you in ?
classicshed.jpg
04classic.jpg
honeyburstclassic.jpg

That is a lovely looking guitar and very tempting... but I will have to pass I'm afraid. I already have a Les Paul Standard and don't want to be left with an extension cab that may prove difficult to sell by itself. Thanks for the interest though.

I thought I'd try.I have two Les Pauls(the others a 71 Deluxe).Best of luck with the Boogie sale.They are beautiful ,so like furniture even me missus could'nt winge at them in the house.

Latest posts

Back