• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Mesa DC-5 with orange tolex!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacklight_uk

Reaction score
Hi guys.

After much deliberation I'm putting my beloved DC-5 up for sale. I recently retolexed it in orange. The pictures below show that it's almost exactly the same tolex as used on Orange amps. Same colour, but a slightly different basketweave texture. I've done a good job, but it's not 100% perfect. There are a few little bits here and there that could maybe have been a bit neater but you can't see them unless you really look for them. Anyway, it's got mojo for sure!

Retubed about 3 months ago with a pair of JJ 6L6s. Two small problems with the amp. One is that the power light doesn't come on when you switch it on. Just needs a new bulb if that bothers you. The other is that the GEQ and Reverb cannot be switched in by a footswitch. I'm told it's an easy fix and it's most likely that the footswitch jack just needs a good clean. Opened her up to check there were no wires missing or anything mental but everything seems to be there :) The GEQ and reverb still work perfectly but they are on all the time unless you switch them off manually by the selector on the back panel. Everything else works fine and it sounds awesome! My reason for selling is that I'm selling all of my equipment and starting from scratch. Call me crazy but it's time for a fresh start :)

I will include the Mesa 6L6s that I replaced. Not sure if there's much life left in them but you might get a few weeks playing time out of them and may prefer them to the JJs.

I have also done the volume mod on this amp. It involves clipping one resistor in front of the output volume pot to give a smoother taper to the volume control and better control over the volume at bedroom levels. If you want to put it back, simply solder the clipped resistor leg back to the board and you're done! If you want me to do it for you, no problem!

I'm asking for £550 ono.

Sorry but I won't post the amp unless you arrange it to be picked up, boxed and shipped. Had a major headache shifting a Roadster a year or so ago so it's in your hands to get the amp from my house to your house in one piece :)

You're very welcome to come and pick it up and try it out, but please bring your own guitar :wink:

josh020yj6.jpg

josh018ec1tp5.jpg

Back