DC-5 Reverb Issues (Fading Out When Amp Warms Up)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iHatePop

Reaction score
So, my DC-5 is acting up a bit. The other day I noticed I had no reverb on the amp, so I took a look at the connections and all were plugged in. I tried it yesterday and the reverb was working, then I noticed it was fading out. It started having less reverb and then went to none. It was a very slow process and one might not notice until it's all gone.

Anyone have this issue before? I turned the amp off, let it cool and turned it back on and I had reverb again, but it did the same thing. It's got recently changed tubes (power and preamp) and I'm having no other issues with it aside from that.

It's not a huge deal as I don't play it too often, and when I do I never use reverb, but I'd like to fix it anyways, if possible.

iHatePop said:
So, my DC-5 is acting up a bit. The other day I noticed I had no reverb on the amp, so I took a look at the connections and all were plugged in. I tried it yesterday and the reverb was working, then I noticed it was fading out. It started having less reverb and then went to none. It was a very slow process and one might not notice until it's all gone.

Anyone have this issue before? I turned the amp off, let it cool and turned it back on and I had reverb again, but it did the same thing. It's got recently changed tubes (power and preamp) and I'm having no other issues with it aside from that.

It's not a huge deal as I don't play it too often, and when I do I never use reverb, but I'd like to fix it anyways, if possible.

Swap V5 out with another known good tube. I've had a lot of "New" tubes fail out of the box lately with a number of manufacturers.

They just don't make them like they used to.

Latest posts

Back