Finished restoring my DC-5

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnr

Reaction score
amp-project.jpg

For more pictures (or if the link above doesn't work), click here.

It was more work than I anticipated, but I think it turned out well. I replaced all the knobs that had chips in them and did the volume output mod while I had the chassis out.

One last thing I'm still planning to do is to convert the loop to series. BUT, I'm trying to keep the amp as much in the spirit of the original as possible. So I'm thinking I will get creative and do the loop mod by changing the mix pot to a 5-way rotary switch where far left is loop bypass, far right is series fx, and the 3 in-between positions are 25/75, 50/50, and 75/25 splits using resistors.

Honestly my head needs a makeover but I think the age gives it character. That said; That a beautiful job you did with that combo. Wanna sell it now? LOL!

BlackBoxy said:
where did you find the handle and corner?

great job

The leather handle itself is from a place called Brettuns Village. It was only like $15 shipped. I had to modify the holes a little, but it's otherwise the correct spacing. The chrome caps and leather corners all came from Mesa.

johnr said:
BlackBoxy said:
where did you find the handle and corner?

great job

The leather handle itself is from a place called Brettuns Village. It was only like $15 shipped. I had to modify the holes a little, but it's otherwise the correct spacing. The chrome caps and leather corners all came from Mesa.

thx alot, your amp looks awesome,

Latest posts

Back