need info for DC-2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

virtu

Reaction score
A friend of mine just found a cheap DC2 to buy.

I would like to ask 2 things:

1) Is it in weight like the DC5? i weigh my DC5 in a digital bathroom scale and it is 56lbs.
Is the DC lighter, considering the fact that the DC2 has smaller cabinet? or has the same weight?
Has someone the accurate weight? (please i don't want an answer "more or less 'x' lbs")

2) Does the DC2 has overheating problems like DC3 that i read in the forum?
i know that EL84s are suffering from heat but can you guys, confirm this?

Thanks!
V

virtu said:
A friend of mine just found a cheap DC2 to buy.

I would like to ask 2 things:

1) Is it in weight like the DC5? i weigh my DC5 in a digital bathroom scale and it is 56lbs.
Is the DC lighter, considering the fact that the DC2 has smaller cabinet? or has the same weight?
Has someone the accurate weight? (please i don't want an answer "more or less 'x' lbs")

2) Does the DC2 has overheating problems like DC3 that i read in the forum?
i know that EL84s are suffering from heat but can you guys, confirm this?

Thanks!
V

Good morning. The DC2 weighs in at 44 pounds. I replaced the stock speaker with a WGS ET65 and that knocked the weight down to 40 pounds. I also had a local tech knock the power tube bias down a bit, as the tubes do run hot. Otherwise a great little grab and go amp.

Al

Weight 44 like quoted. They are hot but easy to reduce bias voltage . Only needs one resistor piggy backing on another. Details are in mods post in this forum. Doesn't ruin tone either, BTW they are loud :)

@amrose57
Wow man, this is a hot tolex...really cool. Although i would prefer it with a kind of tan/cream grill but even this is great!!! Is it original or you re-tolex it?

@Pilotltd
yeah man, i checked the mod you suggest and i think is a must.
EL84s generally run hotter than other tubes, if i'm not wrong

Mates, is it possible to give me the right measures (W, H, D) of the amp?

thanks for your input guys!

virtu said:
@amrose57
Wow man, this is a hot tolex...really cool. Although i would prefer it with a kind of tan/cream grill but even this is great!!! Is it original or you re-tolex it?

I did it. I think black is boring, and had some red tolex and a free day, and - boom - red Boogie. That said, it took about 3 hours and a belt sander to get the old glue off.

I'm out of town but can get you my measurements this weekend.

My other Boogie:

Al

virtu said:

OK. It's 18.75" wide, 18" tall (with 1/2" feet), 11" deep at the bottom, 9.5" deep at the top. Hope this helps.

Al

Thanks my friend!
It seems to me that i couldn't find the specs anywhere else.
Did i say that i love the forum?? :D :D
All the best

Back