DC-3 reverb tank hookup

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breezeway

Reaction score
So, my teenage daughter was gifted one of these (barely used: < 20 times) by a good friend, who shipped it cross-country. We're about to reinstall the tubes and connect everything back up, and I'm stumbling on a dumb little thing: the dangling RCA plugs that appear to be coming from the reverb tank at the bottom. They seem to need to be plugged into the jacks on the underside of the back panel. One wire is thicker and gray, and the other is thinner and white. My question: which plug goes into which (unlabeled) jack? I would describe their placement as a jack closest to me ("front" of back panel) and a jack behind that ("back" of back panel as I face the back panel). I guess I can try each way and see which sounds right, but I thought I'd ask people in the know. Thanks in advance -- Mike

Look up the manual on Mesa's site. The tube chart shows how the reverb cables should be connected.

If you get them backwards you'll know it! The reverb knob will work as a volume control and the amp will make weird noises. Reversing them will not cause any damage.

I know all of this because I bought a broken DC-3 to repair and the main issue was reversed reverb cables.

Thank y'all so much. Tubes in and warming up. When she gets home from school we'll see how it sounds.

Latest posts

Back