DC users. Does the volume mod affecting tone?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fusguitar

Reaction score
Hi mates.

I have the DC-5 and DC-10 and i wonder if the volume mod affecting the tone. I mean does it change the color of the amp or just make the taper linear, just removing the volume "jump"?

(The question is for monsta tone or anybody who has personal experience with the particular mod)
Thanks

thanks for your input mate....
i don't know what you mean "each time you modify R, Z change", though :)

anyone else?

Come on mates, i need some additional opinions from guys who have done the mod and i know they are quite a few...
Where is the "doc" (monsta tone)???
:D

It definitely alters the attack of the amp. I don't think it alters the tone much.

Without the mod: The amp is extremely punchy and aggressive. Cleans are a little bit too punchy, but the distortion is large and in charge.

With the mod: The amp is somewhat more subdued at lower volumes. Cleans are smoother and the distortion is a little more creamy.

I like it both ways. A great way to do the mod is to install a push-pull pot. This way, you can see for yourself.

man thanks
I wanted this info.
On another note, do you think that the loop mode is necessary?
i mean if you set the mix at 100% is like serial, right?
i have it in 100% and i have my volume pedal and an EQ in the loop without problems
what do you think?

I think the loop mod is absolutely necessary if you use it.
You will be amazed at the amount of signal (effected and not effected) that you are missing. Even with the pot maxed out, there is still some series resistance and some signal going to ground.
Try the loop, then do the mod and try it again. Pretty astounding results!

Latest posts

Back