Anyone have DC-5 Metal Settings?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YaBoiMCaliber

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Mesa Boogie DC-5 (I'm not sure if its Revision A or B) Head, and so far it is a SUPERB amp. Although it sounds, good, I'm still having some difficulties dialing in a good Metallica-esque tone. Anyone have settings that may suit my needs? I usually use a Fender MIM Strat with a JB in the bridge, an LTD EC-500 with the EMG Het-Set, and an Epiphone Gothic Explorer with an EMG 81 and 85. All responses are appreciated. :)

here is a video that should help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvlf7GUHZzw

Me personally I peg all the knobs on the lead channel and adjust the GEQ. Shoot for a "V" shape on the GEQ. My experience with the knobs on the gain channel seem to affect the gain structure itself. Especially the treble. I crank it and back it off some on the GEQ. Again, my 2 cents. Personally I dig the midrange in the DC's. Those scooped settings sound better when playing by yourself than in a band situation. When I went for that sound with my last band I got lost in the mix.

Back