The SINGLE most important pedal you use with your DC amp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What single pedal could you not live without on your DC?

• Wah

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Booster

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • OD/Dist

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Chorus

• Flanger

• Reverb

• Delay

• Compressor

• Multi FX Unit

• Phaser

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jpistolas

Reaction score
Just curious if any other DC players have a particular effects pedal that they just can't live without when playing through their DC amps. If you're like me, you may have more than one but there always seems to be "that one" that's always on the board.

Please feel free to tell which brand & why.

Mine's my Ibanez SC-10 Chorus. Rarely play clean without it.

I voted Multi-FX because I hate the tap dance.
I can go from all out raging distortion (amp's distortion channel & EQ, plus OD pedal, and compressor) to sparkling clean with chorus and ducking delay with the push of one button!

Otherwise, it would be the Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah!
Although.....at times, I just take a tuner pedal and the amp.

I said overdrive because I often need an in between "cranked amp" kind of sound between the DC3's clean and lead sounds.

Been my experience with my DC-5 that if I want a cranked amp tone a good OD is the way to go. Mine seems to favor the "all or nothing" settings. Good clean, great high gain but so so in the cranked OD dept.

Never been much on multi fx but my experience has been more from the 90's offerings. Between Line 6 & Axe FX things have changed a bit.

I obviously forgot the ever important tuner. That little guy is pretty permanent.

Can't play without My EP boost witch i use as buffer !

next would be my TS OD and Keeley Comp!

because my main sound is clean, my most important pedal for my dc-2 is my delay mxr carbox copy.

although for my overdriven sounds i cant get any vintage sound out of my amp so in that case my ocd which in the clean channel sounds awsome.

gabotah said:
because my main sound is clean, my most important pedal for my dc-2 is my delay mxr carbox copy.

although for my overdriven sounds i cant get any vintage sound out of my amp so in that case my ocd which in the clean channel sounds awsome.

Try using the Volume and Master backwards on the lead channel.
When I want a more Vintage tone, I crank the Master volume and use the Volume/Gain to dial it in. It's still really punchy though.

Monsta-Tone said:
Try using the Volume and Master backwards on the lead channel.
When I want a more Vintage tone, I crank the Master volume and use the Volume/Gain to dial it in. It's still really punchy though.
thank you very much i´ll try it! :D :D :D

Back