Good speaker for a 50 Caliber + Combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gadjet

Reaction score
I just can't seem to get a O.D tone out the stock Mesa C-90 that I like. I unplug the speaker and plug into my EV loaded Thiele and Woah!!! super tone. I been thinking about building/finding a headshell for the amp and ditch the combo format. I just don't care for the mid honk I can't dial out without losing the beefiness of the amp. I've thought about just selling the amp but I know there is good stuff in there. The amp has just gotten back from the shop with a complete freshen up (Caps, out of range resistors).. It has Winged "C" 6l6s.

I have a Studio Caliber (the DC2 before they named it that) and had the same issue with the VS-12 speaker. I put a WGS ET-65 in it and it sounds great. Much smoother, AND weighs 4 pounds less, an added bonus. The speaker costs $79 so it's a pretty inexpensive option.

Al

Hi my friend, I put an Eminence Governor on my DC5 (I tried before several Jensens and a Celestion Lead 80), but The Governor kicks asses!!
Un saluto!

Back