DC5a record out

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogietone

Reaction score
Can you run a DC5a direct to front of the house using the record out? Would it sound okay?
Thanks in advance!

I tried it, and it didn't sound good, and got hum to boot. I tried it also with an impedance transformer; no better. Maybe someone here can explain why and/or a better way of doing it, but my attemps failed.

FWIW, I found a good-sounding speaker emulator box: my DC's speaker out goes into box; box has an out for the speaker and balanced out for a board/PA. Sounds great ...very little color change, and nothing I can't compensate for with a hair of EQing. Now I can control my amp's stage volume while the board gets a good, clean signal (and righteous tone, natch!) without having to worry about mic'ing or volume issues.

Edward

Just curious but which speaker emulator did you use? Sounds like that would be an always have around kind of thing. Have you tried it with direct recording also? I've never had any luck with DI with my DC live and even worse recorded.

I just tried it direct to FOH with a Radial DI box. Sounded horrible. Mic'd it and perfectly happy now :)

Back