DC-3 newer version schematic

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don

Reaction score
Does anyone have a schematic for the newer version of the DC-3 - the one with the two way EQ switch on the back?

I'm having issues with the GEQ on mine (the 80Hz slider does nothing) and would like to see an accurate schematic.

The voltage coming from the transistors onto the GEQ board is reading about -19v rather than the -7.6v shown on the DC-3 schematic that I've found online. In fact, all of the voltages on those transistors seems very high. Maybe a bad filter cap or resistor in that part of the power supply?

Looking at the voltages and comparing them to the schematic for the DC-2, the amp looks good. I'm going to replace the 1H inductor on the GEQ board.
Does anyone know how to get the GEQ board out?!?! It's blocked by the main board which will barely lift off of its standoffs because the filter caps are under the lip of the chassis.

Parts from Mesa are out for delivery! Can't wait to get started on this repair and hear the amp with the full GEQ working!

Fixed it! It was a bear moving the main board aside to get the GEQ board out but do-able.
Turns out I was wrong about the 80Hz 1H inductor being broken- IT WAS COMPLETELY MISSING!

Anyway, I replaced it along with the fader that I destroyed with DeOxit. I also replaced the handle, the extruded aluminum bar that goes across the back and a missing power tube clamp.

The amp sounds great!!!

Back