DC-2 Cannot engage Contour via footswitch - SOLVED

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rindersnoot

Reaction score
Hi guys, apologies if this problem has been covered before. I searched for it, but found no situations quite like mine.

So when using the footswitch on my DC-2 (of which I am the original owner), I can switch between the rhythm and lead channels normally, but when I try to engage the Contour it switches me back to the rhythm channel. The lights on the footswitch do work as normal.

If I unplug the footswitch, I can switch between rhythm, lead and contour settings as normal by using the switch on the amp.

I'm a little confused by this problem, and any suggestions that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot.

if i understood you well, the thing is the footswitch is configured to have the chance to go from rythm channel to contour withought going to lead channel first. lead channel on the footswitch is when both lights are off, if you press contour it will tun red light on and if you then turn on the rythm channel both lights will be on, but one more than other. by touching again the rythm footswitch it will pass from rythm to countour, or if you touch the contour it will leave the rythm channel.
so when both lights are on, when you press one is to unselect that and leave the other channel.

Thanks, yes I do understand how the switching works. I'm probably just not explaining myself very well.

If I engage the contour while I'm in the rhythm channel, the red contour light comes on and the green light for the rhythm channel stays on, but much dimmer. When I switch from the rhythm channel to the lead channel, the green light goes out and the amp switches to the lead channel.

But when I'm already on the lead channel and hit the contour footswitch, the red contour light comes on on the footswitch, but the amp switches to the rhythm channel!

It's as though the footswitch for the contour is lighting up the right light, but engaging the wrong thing.

I am the original owner of this amp and the footswitch used to work just fine. I haven't been using the DC-2 nearly as much over the last few years though as mostly use an Ampeg VT-40 these days. I hadn't even plugged the footswitch into the DC-2 for quite a while, but I did earlier today (as I'm, gasp, considering selling my DC-2 and wanted to check everything out) and discovered the odd functionality of the footswitch.

So it turns out that all I needed to do was spray some compressed air into the footswitch jack. :lol: Should've tried that first I guess. Oh well, thanks for the help gabotah, I appreciate it!

Back