Series Loop Mod Question & New Loop Mod Diagram

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpistolas

Reaction score
Just to clarify I'm understanding the series loop mod correctly: The 3 wires that are soldered to the middle lug on the now unused level pot can be simply soldered together (not just soldered to the middle pot lug) and then the pot can be removed or re purposed? The "orange to send" "red from return jack" & "orange to board". I've dug through the numerous posts on this subject but never quite got the answer I'm looking for.

FYI: If anyone is interested I've finished with a diyLC version of the hand drawn pdf of the loop mod. Here's what I have currently.
970986e2-3b79-4b11-bc7a-966df24fef2a_zpse0a16768.png

Any comments & suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks to Monsta-Tone for sending me the original pdf.

I went off these directions

1. Unsolder red wire and solder it where the orange wire is
2. Cut white wire and cap it

Don't know how to post pic here but click here you should be able to see

https://www.facebook.com/da.quass?ref=tn_tnmn

I'm not sure how others post pics but I just upload them to photobucket and they have links you can easily copy and paste into the message. I don't think this board has any sort of built in image upload feature so that's the only way I've figured out how to post images. Photobucket makes it so easy even I can do it. :lol:

Thanks for the no nonsense instructions on the serial mod. I've read so many posts on the subject and you summed it up in two sentences. I may finally get around to trying it this weekend. The way you wired yours you don't have to keep a jumper plugged in do you? I've seen some posts were folks got the loop switched to serial but had to keep a jumper in when not using any effects.

My goal in this post was to make a clearer version of the original serial mod pdf. Since it's no longer hosted Monsta-Tone was nice enough to email me a copy and I thought I'd attempt to contribute by making a more cleaned up version.

As a reference here's the original series loop mod pdf.
MesaBoogieDC-5SeriesLoopMod-page-001_zpsda3359b5.jpg

Again, if I've made any mistakes in my version or anyone can offer any suggestions/improvements it would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah I had actually sent my amp to a "tech" and he just screwed it up. I think he saw my mix knob and was like he doesn't need to do this. Spent 60 bucks got my amp back and tried pluggin via 4 cable method and didn't work. So I tried it myself, never done anything like this but I thought I couldn't go wrong with this pic and directions. I did it and it worked exactly how the directions say.

Nice! Nothing better than paying for nothing. I've been pretty lucky. I've only had two issues with my DC-5. 1st was a bass player who connected an extra cab incorrectly. It blew the outer fuse and if I remember correctly there's also a redundant fuse inside the chassis PLUS a cap or two went. An old friend (majored in elect. eng.) who used to own a small shop and did amp repairs fixed it for free. I think I did buy him some beer for the favor. :D To this day we don't know exactly how he blew the amp.
2nd issue was recently. Been having odd volume swells. I had a spare set of power tubes so those went in but while I had it apart I noticed the reverb cable wasn't all the way in the tank. Presto! Like new. Most likely the cable issue was the culprit but it never hurts to slap in new power tubes.

Back