HELP VERY STRANGE!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lupo

Reaction score
Hi my friends,
I'm an owner of a DC5, I realize that my led channel are not green and red, but orange (!!!!) and red.
Is it normal??
My model has metal toggles switch and the serial is 0019** export model 220-240 volts with Eminence Governor speaker.
I think it's a model A.
Furthermore my rhythm channel is very strange: it's always crunchy for example gain at 2 in the rhythm channel without pulling boost... no cristal clean.
V123 are Mesa STR v456 are Sovteks 12ax7 WA... and no cristal clean at any rhythm channel gain...
V123 Sovetks WA and v456 Mesa STR... and no cristal clean at any rhythm channel gain again...
I apologize for my terrible english, thank you to all for you help!!
Greetings!!

That's completely normal for a DC-5A. The main difference between the A and B was a cleaner clean channel.

Hi Bendo, thanks for your explanation! :D :D The mistery was solved! :D :D
But why the rhythm channel on A models is always crunchy and in the B model is cristal clean?
Not that I regret it, but it's curious to know the motivation of this circuitry design choice!
Many DC5 models in Italy get the SUS4 sistem... I realized it looking for some DC5 here...
My DC5 has not the SUS4 but the long screw in the lower part of the chassis.
Anyway every day I discover different sounds, it's crazy how the dc is so versatile...
Best regards!

Lupo said:
Hi Bendo, thanks for your explanation! :D :D The mistery was solved! :D :D
But why the rhythm channel on A models is always crunchy and in the B model is cristal clean?
Not that I regret it, but it's curious to know the motivation of this circuitry design choice!
Many DC5 models in Italy get the SUS4 sistem... I realized it looking for some DC5 here...
My DC5 has not the SUS4 but the long screw in the lower part of the chassis.
Anyway every day I discover different sounds, it's crazy how the dc is so versatile...
Best regards!

you can get cristal clean on rythm channel in plugging a 5751 to V4, or a 12 at 7 to V4 position !

try it

Latest posts

Back