Diagram for DC-5b Channel/EQ Switch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpistolas

Reaction score
I am looking for a diagram to wire my own dual Channel/EQ switch for my DC-5b. I already have an empty Marshall dual foot switch, dpdt switches, wire & leds. I don't however have the $59 the Mesa branded switch costs. Even the Switchdoctor models are around $40.

At one point I had found a diagram for this on this forum but for some reason I can no longer locate it. I can find it on google but it's a low res picture and the link goes back here and times out. I'm assuming it had been taken down.

Thanks

This is the inside of my DC3 EQ/Channel switch. It uses a shielded TRS conductor wire.

8ABAB921-72A6-4379-BCBA-023BEABF4A02-16908-000001DB39E37BF6_zps44ec8fe7.jpg

Here are 2 photos of the switch converted with a TRS jack. The leads from the TRS go to the hotside of the LEDs and the ground side of the LEDs goes to the switches. The switches are then grounded together.

F9DC15AE-1927-490E-B34A-793BB147F38F_zpsvwl0rro4.jpg

DE469A12-E48F-44C5-AAEC-4C723693638A_zpsatgjrdxr.jpg

Thanks much for the images. The DC should work with any standard 2 button footswitch. The connections seem very much the same with the diagram I've been going by. It's for a Peavey but seems to be wired the same albeit with DPDT's like I have.

Just curious; How should the front switch for EQ assignment and the rear switch be set to enable the EQ to be footswitched on and off.

Thanks again for the help. Up until now I've been satisfied with having the EQ on always with the lead channel and off for the clean (more Fendery IMO).

Latest posts

Back