Time to retube & have some Eurotubes questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpistolas

Reaction score
The last time I retubed it was waaaaty back and they've served well but time for retirement. Last time I used Boogie branded tubes simply because the local shop where I lived carried them.

I'm interested in purchasing one of the eurotubes sets. Heard nothing but good about them. I'm looking into the high gain set as that's mostly the sound I'm after but I also have issues with a weak slightly dirty clean channel and weak reverb on both channels. Would this set suit me and solve those issues or should I look elsewhere or mix up the preamp tube types. I don't want to lower the gain channel but I'd like to clean up the clean and improve the reverb without getting into any serious modding.

Thanks

I've heard good things about that set. Keep in mind that some people say the high gain sets may increase the fizziness/sizzle of your highs.

Personally, I would end up getting Tung Sol's. They sound smoother and have a bit more gain than similar tubes.

I get my tubes at http://www.thetubestore.com/. They also have pre-assembled sets for some Mesa amps.

Back