Dc5 return jack doubles as power amp input? That means...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moses760

Reaction score
According to the manual The return jack can double as a "power amp input jack" and only the 5band eq the presence and the output control of the channel in use work all other controls are inactive.

So the dc5 can pretty much be used like a tech 21 p.e., a powered speaker? If so, would I be able to plug guitar into mfx processor and from processor to the return input jack to use the dc5's power section and speaker? Anyone ever try this or seen this in the manual under FX LOOP:send/return

if you check out the schematics, only the master output and presence are after the FX return.
the graphic eq is before the fx send.

Thanks. Have you tried connecting anything to the return and using the power amp and speaker?

Moses760 said:
Thanks. Have you tried connecting anything to the return and using the power amp and speaker?

yeah, you can do that, no problem, it will not harm your amp but, why you gonna use a ss preamp instead of a pure tube tone from the DC preamp??? just curious . . .

When I first posted this topic I had a new rp1000 I ordered on its way in the mail. While i was waiting for the digitech rp1000 I had my amp rewired to a serial fx loop. I finally just got the rp1000 today and had no way of checking if the serial mod was done ok at the amp shop cuz I have no other pedals at the moment. Since I've read in other forums that the best way to use a modeler is through a power amp and speaker, I was wondering if the dc5 would do just that... So I hooked up my rp1000 via 4cm to my dc5 to find out that it didn't work! They must have messed with wrong wires on the send/return pot.

I really did just want to use my amps tone and use the rp for effects and od's routed to the front but the 4cm failed today. So I had asked this question in advance just in case the serial mod was done wrong so I can just try out the modeler this way but I get no volume plugging into the return.... They screwed up somewhere back there with the fx loop. So I just hooked up to the front of the dc5 and played it like that.

I was surprised at how good it sounds. I was able to get a lot of good pantera/slayer/Metallica/iron maiden tones. But I really just wanted to add some delay/chorus/reverb to my dc5 sound and I just can't cuz my fx loop wiring is wrong. Hmm I'll try a different way of hooking it up tomorrow just for the effects...but if the return jack is not working, well then I have to check it out myself...

Latest posts

Back