fan to DC-3

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkaikko2

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm wondering, is it possible to put 230vac cooling fan into the Dual Caliber 3 combo? Sorry if there is already thread for this. It would be good if it turns on when i put power switch on. Im planning to get 230 V AC/0,12 2700 rp/m 2,66 m³/min 43 dB fan. Should i solder it somewhere to power switch?

Thanks! Have a nice day or night :)

-Janne

Hi,
I managed to install fan to my dc-3. I found some instructions from earlier threads. Seems that my amp is from 1993, and pcb is little bit different looking when compared to some photos of dc-3 pcb found in here. I soldered fan's wire to point where hot wire from ac connector goes to board, and other wire to power switch, so that fan stops after power switch is turned off. And i installed little switch also to wire, maybe its useless. Well, fan is bit noisy, but i think i can live with it. After little testing my mesa stays cool and maybe sound is better too. It was loosing higher treble and lower bass after some 1/h playing, but now sound stays same. I did also little bias mod too. Changed 120k resistor to 100k, heh i don't know what is name of that resistor, but i found instructions from here :D thanks

-Janne K

http://koti.welho.com/jkaikko2/kuva/mesa+fan.jpg

Back