Stock dc5-A can it use a mfx pedal without modding?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moses760

Reaction score
I want to get a multi fx pedal to use with my dc 5. I've been searching this forum and all mention serial mod. I don't want to mod anything(i would screw it up somehow) I want to keep it stock so if I'm going to hook up a multi effects unit to the amp and all I want to do is use the mfx pedal for time based effects like chorus, delay, reverb and if it has a Wah and volume pedal can't I just connect guitar>mfx input and output of mfx to input of amp?

And if I get real good guitar processor with fx loop can I use the 4cm with the jacks the back panel of the dc5 have to offer? Any help, suggestions for pedal or experience with a stock dc5 and mfx pedal would be greatly appreciated :D and thank you for taking the time out of your day to read my newbie questions.

Hi,

to make your loop serial, you have to remove white wire on the pot, and cap it, and move red wire together with orange wires at central pos of the pot ! thats all!

best experience would be using kind of alesis MFX rack with midi footswitch, short cables in the loop avoid gain losses problems!

good luck

Wow, well you make it sound so easy! Maybe if there was a step by step with pictures I might be willing to give it a shot. Where would I be moving red and orange wire to? And how do I get to that part off the amp?

If you can send some pics or any instructions that'd be cool. I think I will give it a a shot.

I thought I would have too mod the loop as well on my DC3 but after following the Boogie manuals suggestion of M/FX on 100% or very near and then amp loop on zero and then increment up too desired mix worked out well for me.
Ive not done so on my new old DC5 head but expect similar and useable results.

Yeah I've been wanting to get mfx unit but from reading on this forum for best results would be to have the amp wired serial. So I sent out my amp yesterday to have the mod done. After I get it back I'll be looking at a few processors but hmmm which one??? It's been fun doing the research.

Moses760 said:
Wow, well you make it sound so easy! Maybe if there was a step by step with pictures I might be willing to give it a shot. Where would I be moving red and orange wire to? And how do I get to that part off the amp?

ra6bs4.jpg

:wink:

Dang if I had only waited an extra day! But thank you though man I appreciate it! I'll be able to see if it's done like this or not and make any changes myself. Thanks for your help.

Back