Taming the Gain on DC-5 Lead Channel

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brungio

Reaction score
I see some folks have tested out using different tubes but I'm interested in other approaches for getting the gain more manageable on my DC-5. I've heard there's a mod out there or two and would be interested in what people have done in this area.

Have you tried Channel 1 with Pull Boost??...for me that's the best of both channel ( in that mode )...you get crazy distortion ( So Sweet! ) or chimney cleans just with a guitar Volume roll off!...

I do love that tone but it's a bit of a drag that the lead channel isn't more controllable. I have been using it clean and boosting with pedals.

Try using the Master and the Gain backwards.

Turn the "Volume" which is the Gain pot down to 1 and turn the Master up to about 7-9
This gives a really touch responsive overdrive with lots of sustain and punch but not tons of crunch

Monsta,

Thanks again. As I should have known with a Mesa if you don't like the sound you're getting you just need to tweak a bit.

I found a setting that I like with the lead gain around 2. It's got just enough beef for the project I'm doing now. I have the rhythm channel gain around 5 which is still clean enough but has some touches to it. Using a pedal I get to dial in something that's in between the two.

Back