DC-10 does anyone else set their EQ like this?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seanboy

Reaction score
This is picture of my brother in-laws DC-10, I find his EQ settings to be quite different from the typical "V" that most people use. Just curious if anyone else sets their EQ like this. Also, he has the bass setting on 7, if I set my Mark III like that the bass would be way too high, it would sound like mush. also, he sets the presence on 8, which would also be way too high on my Mark III. Are the DC-10 and the Mark III that much different that you can use those settings and have it sound good?
4888f7c898d464b2bff50854c8c07766.jpg

I just tried those settings on my DC3 head, and I would rather listen to glass break while finger nails are dragging on a chalk board.

It could be the guitar he uses, but, I found those settings WAY to fat and flubby and completely sterile. All sound stage was gone. I tried them with a Strat and a PRS Cu22. Ouch.

That setting cannot sound good. Rather, it looks like some kid was playing with the knobs.

He must be playing some heavy, dropped chugga-chugga stuff. This is the only reason for the "super scoop" setting. Not very good for leads. - Pat.

Latest posts

Back