Help me choice - .50+ or DC-5...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheOak

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first post here. Pretty strange, I've got Mesa's like forever, but never found my way here until now... :)

At this time I own a Rect-O-Verb series 1 combo. Other stuff I owned is the Quad pre, Studio pre, Studio 22+.
Sure, I like it alot, but I miss the oldschool sound a bit. So I thinking about testing out some combo of the caliber series. I could just safe and go with a Mark, but I rather want to try out something new.

The two models I checked out is the Caliber .50+ and the Dual Caliber 5 with 6L6's. I seem to like 'em both (have not tested 'em). The thing is, the major music store here in Sweden have 'em both used, for the same price, but I live like in the woods so ya see my problem here :)

I play alot of different styles, but mostly oldschool metal. Heavy stuff, like Down and other stooner bands. Also a bit Metallica stuff. Tho, the amp must be able to play little bluesy.

Which one should I choose? Right now, I leaning towards the DC. It seems more versatile, and it seems to have a bit deeper sound too.

Please help me out here!

I've played both and prefer the DC-5. Seemed to have a tighter sound and was overall more versatile. Actually, I still own a DC-5b and gig with it on occasion. Just a great sounding amp.

Versatility, DC5 , roots groove Caliber50, you can get same groove tone with modded dc5

What mod? Is it like the IIC+ mod?

Otherwise, can you do the IIC+ mod on either the amps?

DC5 Mods are well detailed over grailtone messages board !

rought , the dc5 is really good, modded its a singer :p

Cool man. I found this page, http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=58252

Doesn't seem so hard :)

en effet , tu trouveras ton bonheur ...

ooppss, english, everything is there, thx to Monsta for that!

regards

Back