DC-5 PCB board access (1st post!!!!)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fei Fong Wong

Reaction score
Any one have a simple way of getting under the pcb board of my DC-5A? I need to replace a resistor and the only way I can think of doing it without de soldering everything is to unscrew all the pots and label them to not mix them up and pull them through the chassis holes.

Thanks everyone!

MONSTA! Thanks for replying to this noob's question! I will try from the top. The reason I wanted to try from the bottom is because the 5 watt tanish colored resistor has this white powder on the pcb around it making it very hard to see the board an joints themselves.

I would post a pic but I'm not sure how (permission?).

I have been studying these forums and the ones you posted to have been extremely enlightening. Your help and presence here is very much appreciated!

Fei

If the solder tabs are bad, then you may have to do it from the bottom or bypass the tabs.

Sometimes (if the tabs are still attached) you can use a flux brush (found at any hardware store) and some rubbing alcohol to clean the tabs up a bit.
Don't scrub too hard. The glue that holds the tabs on is very susceptible to heat damage.

You can email me a picture if you want andy at amps-tubes dot com
Or, if you have a photobucket account, you can easily post a picture here.

Latest posts

Back