Just bought a used dc 5 and have some ?'s

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moses760

Reaction score
I just bought a dc 5 on eBay for 600 I think it might be a 5a it has the LEDs on the left metal toggle switches on the right. The guy had it advertised on eBay saying it has all new tubes its got 2 groove tubes el84's with matching pre amp ones. I've never played on this amp before and I have been I looking at a lot of reviews for this amp but I haven't seen any dc 5's with el84's. is this a good set of tubes for this amp? I'm excited cant wait till it arrives. Any help on this would be much appreciated.

One more thing CAN I JOIN THE DC CARTEL CLUB hah?.

If that's the one I'm thinking of, it has Yellowjackets or Substitubes in it, those are adapters to allow EL84's to be used. The amp is meant to use 6L6's. Pull out the entire setup and use 6L6's (if you want). I used Substitubes on mine for a while. Went back to 6L6's.

Hmmm yeah I think the 6l6's are stock on this. Yeah I'm going to try these el84 for a little then probably go back to mesa tubes. How were the substitutes?

I liked what they did for the rhythm channel (but i don't really use a *clean* sound), the lead channel, not so much, made it too squishy, didn't cut.

Latest posts

Back