Think it's time to part with my DC-5

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brungio

Reaction score
I've had this amp since 1997 when I bought it new, but with my Tremoverb, Marshall JMP and Fender Bassman I don't think I need a fourth amp.

One one hand it's probably the easiest amp I have to transport especially since I pair it up with a 1x12 speaker. It has great cleans no doubt especially since Monsta replaced the OT.

The lead channel has always left me feeling that it needs something especially when using single coil or semi hollow guitars.

convice me why I NEED to keep it.

You'll regret. Everyone always does after they sell their DCs.

I agree with you on the OD channel, however it takes pedals VERY well.

:D Forgot all about the transformer.....

Try some of the mods that are listed in this thread: http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=33293
Particularly the Mud/Blanket Removal Mod! The lead channel will sing like you wouldn't believe!

I really miss my DC-5! I have a DC-3 now, but it's not the same......

Thanks guys. I think I am going to hold off selling it. In many ways it's actually the easiest amp to tranport to small gigs (although I've played large rooms with this head).

I will reach out to my local tech and see if he's up on the mods listed to clean up the gain channel and give it a go.

Back