DC5 Owners: which one do you have?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DC5: version A or B?

• Version A

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Version B

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

edward

Reaction score
Just curious, mind you.
I was perusing comments on the "DC Club/Cartel" thread and noticed that nearly every DC5 pic was of version B.
It just brought me to wondering, of you guys here, which version DC5 do you own?

BTW, my die is cast for Version A :)

Edward

I don't have a 5 any longer, but mine was an A. I prefer a gainier clean that can be controlled with the guitar's volume, not a high headroom clean, so the A version was perfect.

When I got the DC-10 from Monsta-tone, I had him mod Ch1 to sound more like an A. That was a great amp.

I have the 5B, although I'm having issues with it, sputtering spitting sounds no matter what channel, and a loud pop when changing channels, going to send it back to Mesa real soon to have Mike B fix it.

I've only owned a 5b and it's been a tank. Only down time aside of changing tubes was when my ham fisted bass player connected two marshall cabs wrong. Blew two fuses and a couple caps that we replaced easily. Other than that, never a failure. Poor amp's tolex looks like hell though.

Latest posts

Back