Just got my Dc 10 head tips anyone?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrentSSL

Reaction score
Well I got my dc10 head called Mesa and it's a 98 or 99 detachable power cord I'm missing the bar across the back but I think I can order that from Mesa along with the footswitch. Also I have 6l6 1212 Ruby's in it and some wierd machined screw sticking down passed the chassis does anyone else have that? I'd also like to know what Mesa tubes I would need to purchase for it and if anyone has any tips how to dial in a good metal rhythm tone because I have to wait till I get home to play it unfortunately. I'm at work for four more hours.

The screw keeps the chassis from vibrating. It is supposed to be snug, but not overly tight.

As for tubes, I really liked the Winged C 6L6's & JJ 6L6's with mine. Didn't really like Mesa tubes.
I hear that they now carry JJ tubes.

You can call Doug at Doug's Tubes and he can fix you right up with some great tubes that fit the Mesa bias range.

As for tones, here is how I used to have mine set:
Gain - 10
Treb - 6
Mid - 6
Bass - 6
Pres - 7-9 depending on guitar
Reverb - 1
Master - 3-4

Sometimes I would set the tone knobs all on 7.
If your guitar is bright, try lowering the Presence a little more.

I never use the EQ in a V shape, I used to use it for a lead boost though with a sort of frowny face shape.
Now I use it in a very mild V with the treble slider down a little lower than you would expect.
If you crank the EQ into a V, it just sounds processed to me.

Back