DC 10 problem

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamlanghans

Reaction score
Hi, it's been a while since my last post.

Still loving my DC-10, but now I'm having some problems. After a few minor mods (which I reversed afterwards), a screen grid resistor (and the main fuse) blew, so I replaced them and the filter caps. Now, there is a very LOUD pop when switching from rhythm to lead (not from lead to lead+eq). Along with this, the presence knobs don't seem to adjust the presence. They seem to only adjust the level of negative feedback. When they are pushed to 8-10, the same popping as the channel switching occurs. I have ruled out that it's the new filter caps.

Any ideas? Otherwise from these problems, the amp is great. It's very quiet.

Thanks!

hi,

i had a similar problem, there was the presence cap 0.1uf ceramic disk touching a pin of V6, so had big plop when switching channels, and presence pot troubles!

this cap is very very close to V6 pin, ceramic disk has long curved leads, a very smal twist on it make it contact the V6 pin 6,

137169c0141ae9.jpg

sorry for my english000 :cry:

Sorry for the late reply! Vacation to see family for xmas and all...

Thanks for the tip! I will definitely check that out. Unfortunately, I sold my cab because I'm moving from Texas to Minneapolis in 4 days! The only amp I kept was the DC-10. I'm very excited to tinker around and see if this fixes it. I will post my results whenever I move and get a new cab (may take a couple weeks).

Latest posts

Back