so I bought a dc-10 for less than 700 dollars

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrentSSL

Reaction score
I have been playing bass in my current band for the last year but I'm started out as a guitar player I originally had a Mesa dual rectifier from the year 2005 I think I love the powers that the mid 2000's rectifiers how does the DC compare to that have I have also played through a 2 channel rec from 1995 triple rectifier and a 290 triaxis combo oh and a multi watt stiletto I am getting back into playing guitar in a cover band hey which we are going to be doing things like drowning Pool in Godsmack a little bit of Red Hot Chili Peppers maybe some Rage Against the Machine and my crate stealth is that was not cutting it so I decided to buy another Mesa and I figure this 1 seems like a good deal I don't know anything about the amp I was wondering if you guys could tell me a little bit about it what kind fx loop does it have when did they stop making them what issues I could run into and what concerns should I have being as I bought it used from Guitar Center please forgive the punctuation I am typing this on a smartphone with a really small screen

Holy run on sentence Batman! :mrgreen:

Seriously, you'll have no issues with a DC covering metal. Worst case, toss an OD in front for volume boost, little extra crunch. I use a Modified TS808 and a MetalMuff when I want some extra crunch. I leave my lead channel gain @ 3-4. I play a lot of Foo Fighters, and 80/90's Thrash metal. The TS is great for solos, the MM is great for palm muting. No OD on either, with the volume cranked. No scoop on the MM, use the EQ on the amp for scoop.

It has a Parallel FX loop.

The stopped making them in 99. Likely just replaced by a new model, maybe the Fs? They are solid amps, most everyone I hear that buys one, and then sells it, regrets it forever.

again sorry i'm typing this on a smart phone lol ok well what about tubes do I just get the 6l6 tubes I'd put, in a, dual rectifier? Also I herd that the capacitors or something can go bad in them i'm mostly worried its like the nomad which is hit and miss and do they make them with detachable power cables and is there any way to tell the age by whether it says Mesa Boogie on the logo or Mesa engineering on the logo

Let me introduce you the punctuation mark called period (.). That indicates a full stop, placed at the end of declarative sentences and other statements thought to be complete, and after many abbreviations.

:wink:

Why is my punctuation so freaking important i apologized for it twice for it. Like I said i was on a phone and could barely see what i was typing I just want some questions answered about this guitar amp. Playing music and owning this type of gear is about having fun playing kick *** music. Its not supposed to be about grammer school if you really need to sit here and just comment on my punctuation... then you arn't playing your guitar enough and having fun.

BrentSSL said:
Why is my punctuation so freaking important i apologized for it twice for it. Like I said i was on a phone and could barely see what i was typing I just want some questions answered about this guitar amp. Playing music and owning this type of gear is about having fun playing kick *** music. Its not supposed to be about grammer school if you really need to sit here and just comment on my punctuation... then you arn't playing your guitar enough and having fun.

excuse him ,he's an european, sensitive about grammar ... :lol:

Latest posts

Back