DC-5 Reverb faint....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I bought a DC-5 head with the big Accutronics reverb tank on the bottom and even with the reverb dimed it's faint at best. Anyone have any ideas about what might be wrong and perhaps a solution?

Thanks in advance.

At least in revision A the reverb is subtle in the DC5, not one of those super wet ones, anyways when the reverb tube is dying goes from subtle to almost unnoticeable. So try changing V5 with a new tube.

Cheers

Maynardo said:
At least in revision A the reverb is subtle in the DC5, not one of those super wet ones, anyways when the reverb tube is dying goes from subtle to almost unnoticeable. So try changing V5 with a new tube.

Cheers

Thanks. Any recommendation as to what tube to use or should I just go with a MESA 12AX-7?

Mesas 12ax7s are fine, from what I've tryed the gainier the tube the more present the reverb will be. I really like it in the clean channel makes it more 3d, not so much in the lead it gets mushy there.

Also you can check the MODs thread there's a couple to improve the reverb.

Cheers

Maynardo said:
Mesas 12ax7s are fine, from what I've tryed the gainier the tube the more present the reverb will be. I really like it in the clean channel makes it more 3d, not so much in the lead it gets mushy there.

Also you can check the MODs thread there's a couple to improve the reverb.

Cheers

Thanks much.

Monsta tone has made a post about Mods on DC5, reverb has a 22k resistor for a longlife transformer, result is faint reverb effect! replacing this by a 10k resistor would make your reverb deep !

for the tube, any 12ax7 would make it, mesa sovtek are so dull i would put a cheap JJ there, very dynamic

BlackBoxy said:
Monsta tone has made a post about Mods on DC5, reverb has a 22k resistor for a longlife transformer, result is faint reverb effect! replacing this by a 10k resistor would make your reverb deep !

for the tube, any 12ax7 would make it, mesa sovtek are so dull i would put a cheap JJ there, very dynamic

Yeah, I saw that mod but have no idea where any of that stuff is on the head as I'm not familiar with electronics and don't know how to match schematics with whatever I'm looking at on the head.

Back