Dc5 sweet

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dbyer1

Reaction score
Been using my axis through it for a few days and it was a good amp, today I plugged in my VM Les Paul with ZW EMG set in it and it is super sweet, tight and nasty lead channel, I like the axis more on the clean channel, but for metal or higain stuff the EMGs bring it to a new level

Makes me wish I could get EMGs in my axis but from what I have read it can't be done

You could try an OD pedal in front of the amp when using other pickups to tighten things up, but in general the amp as big low end and spongy attack, those two things respond really well to a Super tight, super percusive pickup like the EMG81. I like EMG 81X better tho

Been thinking of a Od pedal for front side but don't want to spend a ton of money on one

Thanks and that was the pedal I was thinking of as I am a zakk fan do you have any settings I should try

Ok, settings in the pedal, Little to no gain, tone around 11 or 12 o'clock, the volume depends a lot on how much compression you like, I'd start at 12 o' clock and turn clockwise in case of wanting more compression, counterclock wise in the opposite case.

so i have a boss sd-1 coming, may mod it after i get it but i thought hey for 40 bucks why not, i could not find a zw od any where so, i hope this will do what i need

Sd1 got here today I found I do not have to use the graphic eq, the amp just gets better and better, sp my current set up jackson dinky pro, made in Japan. Boss sd1 into monsta tone dc5' back up rig 50 cal el84 model, Ada mp1 Jackson guitar. I like the Jackson so much I am looking at selling some other guitars

Sd1 got here today I found I do not have to use the graphic eq, the amp just gets better and better, sp my current set up jackson dinky pro, made in Japan. Boss sd1 into monsta tone dc5' back up rig 50 cal el84 model, Ada mp1 Jackson guitar. I like the Jackson so much I am looking at selling some other guitars

Latest posts

Back