Can't get that sparkle on high E string with DC-3

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talltxguy

Reaction score
Here's the deal with my DC-3...

I got a Fender Strat with a maple neck. I've run it through Fender amps at the music stores and was able to get that nice sparkle - of course! While playing through my DC-3, however, I am unable to get that sparkle on the high E string that I got on all the other strings. No matter where I fretted on the high E, I couldn't get the sparkle.

Now I understand my DC-3 is running EL 84's, but even a Blues Junior (EL 84 powered) gave me good sparkle on that high E. Thinking it might be the cab, I put a Supersonic head through my cab last weekend and got sparkle on the high E. It's not the guitar; it's not the cab; so I have to assume it's the amp that is choking off those high frequencies.

Is this something as easy as having a good tech do some mods? Or is the nature of the DC-3 such that I am dreaming about getting sparkle on higher frequencies? If the clean channel can be modded, will it affect my lead channel?

I'd rather not part with this amp, but I will if the sparkle is unattainable.

Thanks for any insight.

The clean channel circuit is in the ball park of the 7ender Twin reverb a good tech could mod your DC3 clean channel to almost blackface specs without touching the lead channel. But if cleans is all you want you should buy a 7ender amp.

Monsta-Tone can help you with mod affairs

Back