Help with 50 caliber plus!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mugambi

Reaction score
Hi all..I just sold my 50 cal plus on ebay and the buyer isn't happy with the gain. I had it serviced at home and where the buyer lives. Caps, reverb, push pull and preamp tubes have been serviced. Before I sent it out..I thought the gain was a little lacking but I chalked that up to having cleaner preamp tubes. I used the amp clean with pedals. I'm 450.00 dollars on service cost now and may have to take the amp back. Any ideas on the gain issue?? Here is a video on a 50 cal the buyer sent me on what the gain should sound like..Is this amp stock?
Thanks for any help!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9UaxQul0r0&feature=youtu.be

To make it sound like that, the amp need to be first really hot physically and you need a good guitar with a good output volume.

If you or the buyer don't have experience with settings, a good play/ dynamics and good instruments.. You can't even come close to it.
(no offense there :? )

I have the same problem with my 50 cal. I hope someone can offer some good advice. I'm sick of spending money on it and it not being fixed.

Back