Just bought a DC-3 off eBay!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great amp with killer rock tones. Runs too hot but the fix is in for that! Bob

On the cheap? One 470k resistor piggy backed on the 120k resistor in the bias supply.

Disclaimer: Dont attempt this yourself if your not familiar with working on amps! There are lethal voltages inside even when the amp is unplugged. Bob

BobR said:
On the cheap? One 470k resistor piggy backed on the 120k resistor in the bias supply.

Disclaimer: Dont attempt this yourself if your not familiar with working on amps! There are lethal voltages inside even when the amp is unplugged. Bob

I wouldn't do this myself. I work with a very skilled electrical engineer (working with video cameras, decks, etc) and he offered to do it as long as I get schematics for him. If I tell him "One 470k resistor piggy backed on the 120k resistor in the bias supply" and supply the schematics and parts, he should be good to go?

Follow BobR's posts on this and you should have no problems.As long as your tech knows his way around a amp,he should be fine.Have him look at Bob's posts if he has questions.My amp is working flawlessly now.Heavy rehersals at extreme volumes at times too.
P.S.make sure your speaker is up to task.This little boogie will tear your head off!!

bhsbhswarp said:
As long as your tech knows his way around a amp,he should be fine.!

+1 Yeah it should be not a problem. Its the only 120k in the bias supply. If a tech is doing it he could even swap out the 120k with 95k. Piggybacking a 470k on the 120k makes it a 95k. Its just easier than desoldering the 120k and swapping it out with a 95k. Bob.

Latest posts

Back