50 Caliber reverb wire connection- FIXED!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laptop44

Reaction score
Turns out after speaking to Mesa that the wire is a ground and should be soldered to the ground wire attached to the speaker inputs on the rear of the chassis. EAsy fix . Good support from Mesa

Hello I have a .50 caliber with the EL84's. I removed the chassis to clean the pots and check for a weak sounding reverb. I then found a thin white wire from the end of the reverb unit dangling. It is about 2 inches long and I cannot find where it was soldered to on the board. Can anyone with this amp trace this wire and let me know where it should be soldered to? A pic would be great but any info would help

Thanks

Here are some pictures of mine. I don't have the amp anymore (#2 on the list of never should have sold amps), so I can't take any better ones.

The wires on my Reverb tank were green, but they should go to the same place.
Hope this helps!

amp50002.jpg

amp50003.jpg

amp50004.jpg

amp50005.jpg

Thanks for the pics Nice to see someone help. It seems that you may have had the 6l6 version The circuit board is different then mine. Mine is a 1988. The reverb looks the same with the same connections thin green/black wires. The white attached to the reverb end wire on mine looks like green on your pic. I included pics this time. If it helps

Mate , I think you might be seeing the earth wire. on 6L6 version, that is a wire braid that is soldered to the spring tub and on to the circuit board earth.

AHHHHH I was told it might be a ground. Still cant figure where to solder it on the board. Can I solder it to the chassis?

Back