Need a good duel rec setting for my DC-10

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJ Slaughter

Reaction score
I don't expect to be able to sound like I have a DR but I'd like to get close if possible for when we do our Nickelback covers or other more modern bands. Anyone have a suggestion on how to set my DC-10 to get kind of DR'ish?

It's hard to get an exact DR tone out of the DC.

Here is where I have mine set right now and it is kind of close, but having just owned a DR, I can honestly say it's not that close at all.

G - 8
T - 5.5
M - 4.5 or lower
B - 5.5 or higher
P - 0
R - 4
M - 3

I'm also using the EQ to make it darker.
Try setting all of the sliders exactly in the middle.
Then, adjust them to taste. If you take any of them below the middle mark, you may experience a loss in volume.
Mine looks like a smiley face right now, but I did not boost the lows and highs as much as most people. I would say that I raised the far left & far right sliders about 1/2" and then adjusted the rest from there.

Now, here's the kicker.
I found this setting when I was using 2 V30's and 2 GK-100's in my cab. It sounded very deep and Recto-ish.
But, the clean channel sounded like ****. It sounded like I took every blanket in the house and put it over the cab.

My cab now has 2 V30's and 2 Heritage 30's.
:D There is my magical clean tone!!!!!!
Of course, my distortion tone now has way too much midrange to sound like a Recto?!?!?
It does have the sweetest singing lead tone I've ever had though! Sort of Santana meets Dave Gilmour!
I'll have to play around with it a little more.

Latest posts

Back