.50 Calibur for a 6505+ a good trade?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_E

Reaction score
Just need to know if this is worth it or not? I haven't done much research on the .50 calburs as I'm mostly familar with the Stiletto's and Rectifiers, just curious if I'm going to get a good trade value or not?

Depends on what type of music you play. The 50 caliber won't have as much gain as the 6505+ but the gain is a lot more defined without the buzzsaw top end. I own a 50 cal + and can tell you it's an awesome amp. Also one thing the 50 cal doesn't have a lead master so balancing clean and lead is a little difficult but there are mods to add the lead drive and lead master.

If you want teh br00talz? :lol: keep the 6505+.

.50 cal's generally go for around $400 - $500 too, just so you know.

You'll get way better cleans and better lead tones with the .50 caliber, but it won't be as grindy and chunky for rhythms as the peavey. It's a completely different sounding amp.

Yeah, it won't be as brutal, but it's built 100 times better with real components.

The .50 Cal + is a great amp.

I had an original 5150 and it had the sickest distortion tones, but no clean tones, and the FX Loop just made way too much noise to even be able to use it.

I recently did just that, got rid of my 6505+ and got a caliber 50+. I wouldn't do a straight trade though since I sold my 6505+ for $800 and bought the Caliber 50+ for $400 (it needed tubes and the jacks cleaned, they go for about $500-600 in perfect shape)

It is less brutal then the 6505+ but make no mistake, it still PLENTY of gain for any style including metal, it's jut more of an old-school metal tone (old Metallica, COC etc...) while the 6505+ sounds more modern. But the Caliber sounds more musical and is much more versatile and better built than the 6505+. It's simply a better amp IMHO.

I am very happy with it.

Latest posts

Back