Sound Clip Examples of DC-10

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJ Slaughter

Reaction score
If you are curious about the sound of the DC-10, or DC-5, I am providing a link to five songs our startup three piece project did using my DC-10. It is a quick recording for the sole purpose of trying to land a vocalist. By the way, if you're in the Dallas area and interested in singing with us let me know.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=890727&content=music

Recording was done using Sonar Producer 7 but I only had the ability to record two tracks at once so the drums only have a kick and overhead mic. Drums were recorded, then bass and guitar. You don't have to point out the mistakes now, I'm well aware of them. :oops:

For those who care the guitar setup for the different songs is:

Back in Black - Dean USA Hardtail into a MI Crunch Box into the rhythm channel.
Slither - Dean USA Hardtail using the lead channel.
Panama - PRS Custom 24 into MI Crunch Box in the rhythm channel.
Love Removal Machine - Fender USA Deluxe Strat into Xotic AC+ and rhythm channel
Heavy - PRS Custom 24 to lead channel.

The master volumes were up around 3-4 and the output at 3. For most solos in these songs I use the B side of the AC+ into whatever else is going on for a little extra push. In the case where I'm already using the B side of the AC+ as in Love Removal Machine I combine the A side with the B for solos. Playing live I will sometimes using the GEQ for a boost during solos if necessary.

The DC amps are great and can be used for many different genres. In my other, variety, band I use if for country, disco, classic rock, pop, alternative and current rock. Sounds like a sales pitch now that I read over this post. Not for sale, informational purposes only. :lol:

Latest posts

Back