I finally figured out the classic v!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LTE

Reaction score
Ever since i had my DC5 i tried the classic v and thought it was very shrill and the mids were too loose. I had tried to use different graph settings and they sounded better, so i left it at that.
Recently i was getting bored with the tone and tried the classic v again. But i was the only one in my house so i cranked it to the volume i usually have it when im jamming with my friends. Holy crap it sounded great the first time i heard it, for the first time it sounded like what i thought a boogie was supposed to sound like.

My V sounds like *** at high volumes on my DC-5. I have to take out all the bass and add unnecessary treble so it doesn't flub out.

But it's only because of the crap INF humbuckers on my rg120.. haha. My friends LP sounds amazing through it.

You definitely want to keep the bass knob very low or off if you crank the 80hz slider - this will keep the low end tight.

I keep my lead bass on 2 with the 80hz knob cranked, its plenty bass for me

Im so happy with my amp now, especially the lead channel. Ive got it set so with eq off its really mid heavy and sounds great for fusion type leads and cuts right through. Hit the eq and its pretty close to Awake- era DT tone

LTE said:
Im so happy with my amp now, especially the lead channel. Ive got it set so with eq off its really mid heavy and sounds great for fusion type leads and cuts right through. Hit the eq and its pretty close to Awake- era DT tone

Sweet! Glad you are happy! I love my DC-3 more than any other amp i've owned. I've finally quit tweaking and started playing more!

Back