The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New DC10 owner saying Hi
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:24 am 
Bottle Rocket

Heya all.

Just put down a deposit on a DC10 combo. I'm pretty exited to be finaly owning a Mesa.

I'm using a Maton BB-1200 guitar, Vox Wah and Boss RV5 and Boss CE2 in the loop. The DC10's reverb isn't working. I'll look into it more when I pick it up.

Really happy I found this board and I won't be a stranger.

Tony :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:31 am 
Mark IV

Welcome to the board. I too have a DC-10, head, and it has been my favorite Boogie of all the ones I've owned so far. Other musicians are always complementing me on my tone. For additional versatility I use a couple of quality overdrives in the clean channel for light to moderate gain. If you've never played a Boogie then you should read the manual and experiment. Takes a little time, did for me anyway, to understand the relation between all the controls though the DC series are one of the easiest to dial in.

DC-5 head, 2x12 Stagecraft w/EVM12Ls, 1x12 Stagecraft w/EVM12L, Digitech GSP1101/Control 2, GT-100

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:13 pm 
Bottle Rocket

I've played a few Boogies before. Just played them and had a little cry that I didn't own it :P

I spent a good hour with the amp and my guitar. I have to admit I wasn't planning on using anything except the amp's distortions. I'm blessed to own the BB1200 for this. The pickups are incredible. You can dial in a really nasty hi gain sound with your bridge pickup, then back off (and split) the neck pickup volume to about 50% and get a nice clean sound. Means you can use the pickup selector as a footswitch. I noticed with the DC10 this trick worked really well, but the gains were a lot more linear than they are with my current rig.

What pedals are you using? I'm going to be getting a ClinchFX EP Pre-amp to beef things up a little.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:50 pm 
Donating Member

Congrats on the new amp! And welcome to the forums!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:35 am 
Bottle Rocket

Thanks!!

It's a nice club to be in :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:07 am 
Mark IV

Welcome to the board and gratz on the killer amp.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:44 am 
Mark IV

inertia wrote:
I've played a few Boogies before. Just played them and had a little cry that I didn't own it :P

I spent a good hour with the amp and my guitar. I have to admit I wasn't planning on using anything except the amp's distortions. I'm blessed to own the BB1200 for this. The pickups are incredible. You can dial in a really nasty hi gain sound with your bridge pickup, then back off (and split) the neck pickup volume to about 50% and get a nice clean sound. Means you can use the pickup selector as a footswitch. I noticed with the DC10 this trick worked really well, but the gains were a lot more linear than they are with my current rig.

What pedals are you using? I'm going to be getting a ClinchFX EP Pre-amp to beef things up a little.

You're bound to get all kinds of opinions when you ask about overdrives so heres mine. For me I like the lower gain overdrives, Xotic AC+, for either a little hair or pushing my lead channel harder. I using a T.C. Jauernig Luxury Drive for a clean boost that works great on single coil pickups and if positioned after the overdrives works good to boost for solos. For a marshallesque sound I have a MI Crunch Box that I keep the drive turned down fairly low and bump the volume.

Like you I wasn't planning on using any overdrives with my Boogies. It's not that I have to, it just makes my rig more versatile.

DC-5 head, 2x12 Stagecraft w/EVM12Ls, 1x12 Stagecraft w/EVM12L, Digitech GSP1101/Control 2, GT-100

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:58 pm 
Bottle Rocket

I'll deffinately do some playing around to see what works and what doesnt.

I'm liking the idea of using the EQ for solo boost stuff.

How would the V-twin pedal go do you think?