Check out the modded DC-3 I just bought!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JT_Marshmallow

Reaction score
Was converted to a head using the wood from the original custom Maple combo. Also notice the four extra switches on the front panel. They are gain boosts at different positions in the circuit. I need to ask the seller more about them but I'm excited about the amp's possibilities!

I am coming from a Studio Preamp/Peavey 50/50 (w/ EL84's) setup and I'm curious how this will live up to it. I am buying this head as a portable alternative to my rack for use in my jazz fusion trio. I hope I can get some articulate boogie lead tones like my Studio Pre delivers. I don't mind if its a bit different though.

Haven't we seen that amp before? I seem to remember something about a modded DC with added switches being posted here sometime before.

Hanslow said:
It'd be interesting to see what the mods are and what they do if you don't mind sharing your experience and gut shots?

Since I'm so bad at putting stuff back together, you probably won't see any gut shots...BUT I can make up for that with high-quality sound clips!

lockbody said:
Haven't we seen that amp before? I seem to remember something about a modded DC with added switches being posted here sometime before.

Perhaps the seller is a Boogie Boarder...?

Back