G-System with DC-5 Questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I just plugged my G-System into my DC-5.

Here is my setup:
Guitar into G-System Input
G-System Send (Insert) to amp Input
Amp FX Send to G-System Return (Insert)
G-System Mono Out to amp's FX Loop Return

It sounds freakin phenomenal. I can't believe that I got the Nova System 1st because it was cheaper.

Here is my problem though:
I have converted my DC-5's front Footswitch jack to control Channel Switching & EQ.
I am using a stereo cable from the G-System to the front Footswitch jack on the amp.
When I try to switch Relay functions, the amp goes into this weird state where both channels are on, but the distortion channel is very low volume!

What the hell am I doing wrong?

I had a G System and sold it. I liked my individual components better than the G's so I basically ended up using it as a switcher and eventually let it go. Some suggestions:

Try a mono cable and see if you can switch one channel with no problems.
Check the channel assignment for the footswitch on the back.
Make sure you configure the relay properly on the g system. I'm sure you know this already, but you may have to configure it to work properly. It does not work with momentary switches, so if you did some surgery on the amp...
Turn the fx mix to 100 percent - very important - the G system is designed for a serial loop (worked great with the Budda).
Try 2 mono cables with the 2 relays to see if you can switch that way.

Hope that helps. :mrgreen:

:D Hey thanks Jamie!

One of the things that I've done to my DC-5 is make the loop Series. This really brings out the delays a lot better.

I finally figured it out.
For some reason, the 'Switch 1' jack is relays 3 & 4 on the read out when you're programming it.
Also, I had them set to 'Open.'
I turned the EQ down all the way and found that it was turned on in all presets because all Relays are Open by default.
I closed Relay 3 and there was the EQ control!
I closed Relay 4 and there was the Channel Switching!

I really like the G-System, but it's a pain in the *** that they don't have a Global setting for the 'Insert' and individualy Relay switching!

I really liked it too - until I didn't anymore, so I sold it and took quite a loss - OUCH! If you ever want to discuss it further you know how to get in touch with me. I'm probably going to buy a Gig Rig and use pedals. I have never been a "million presets" kind of guy. Just a few cool sounds is all I need.

BTW - Always RTFM first, and then again, and so on. Later!

How does that work going from guitar to G-System input?

Not sure what you mean, but here is how I have it hooked up:

Guitar into G-System Front Input
G-System Insert Send to Amp's Input
Amp's FX Send to G-System Insert Return
G-System's Output into Amp's FX Loop Return

Back