First mod question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogietone

Reaction score
Is the resistor to the left of the gray wires, kind of under the big blue, mean, deadly capacitor
the resistor I need to remove for the master volume mod?
And does this mean I have the newer version DC-5?
Thanks!

Yes that should be the one. Don't remove it - just snip one end and bend it up a little.

yes that's the location in the newer DCs...

boogietone said:
Is the resistor to the left of the gray wires, kind of under the big blue, mean, deadly capacitor
the resistor I need to remove for the master volume mod?
And does this mean I have the newer version DC-5?
Thanks!

If you have the metal switches on the front and no LED's you have the newer DC-5. Take a pic of the resistor and post it up and I can tell you if it's the right one. I haven't had my chassis out in a while so I don't remember exactly where that resistor was.

Here's the pic:

P1020593.jpg

Yep, that's the one! Just snip one side and bend it up a little so it doesn't make contact anymore and you're done! While you're in there are you going to do the FX loop mod?

Yup, did the FX loop mod. I'll do the vol mod this weekend as well as a bunch of
guitar work. I noticed a hum to the DC-5 the other day. Seems to be a common occurence on these amps? Looks like I'll be getting the caps and LDR's replaced soon to get rid of the hum.
That's usually the cause right? Also, a little concerned about the lead channel. Rythym sounds good but having a hard time with the lead channel. Can't seem to dial out some harshness in it. Anyone care to share their settings? Also, at this point, I'm in the MKIV camp as to which amp has more gain. That may change though after I get it more dialed in and a tube compliment the amp likes. I have brand new SED =C='s in it so that might be the culprit of the harshness till they break in. For the preamp, it is a full board of NOS Sylvania's, RCA's. I'm not sure if the PI is balanced. I ordered a TungSol for V1 and a balanced Sovtek LPS 12AX7 for the PI from Doug's tubes as well as a Mullard CV4024 for the reverb off Ebay. We'll see how the amp likes those tubes. I'm on the verge of seller's regret on my MIKV's. But not giving up on the DC-5 just yet. Luckily I have the VHT to fall back on till I get the bugs worked out!
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back